August 17, 2026

QB Chase Daniel goes on COVID reserve as Chargers…

1 min read
QB Chase Daniel goes on COVID reserve as Chargers...



The Chargers placed No. 2 quarterback Chase Daniel and backup defensive lineman Joe Gaziano on the COVID-19 reserve list Tuesday.

Those moves brought to nine the number of players the team has put on the COVID list in the last two days.

Coach Brandon Staley said Monday that Joey Bosa will miss the Chargers’ game this weekend at Houston after the star edge rusher tested positive. Reserve defensive back Kemon Hall also was ruled out by Staley.

The other Chargers on the list include starting center Corey Linsley; cornerback Tevaughn Campbell, who has been starting in place of the injured Asante Samuel Jr.; kick returner Andre Roberts; defensive back Trey Marshall, and edge rusher Chris Rumph II.

Staley said Monday that other than Bosa and Hall, the others on the list still have a chance to play against the Texans.

The NFL and NFL Players Assn. adjusted the league’s virus protocols last week to make it easier for vaccinated players who test positive but are asymptomatic to rejoin their teams.

The Chargers were off Tuesday and return to practice late Wednesday morning.


https://www.latimes.com/sports/chargers/story/2021-12-21/backup-qb-chase-daniel-covid-reserve-nine-chargers

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2021 - All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.
Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial